Sold by the 5 meter reel, and by the foot.
Light Color Black Light UV
Wave Length 400
Type Single Row
Beam Angle 120°
Brightness 2400 Lumens per meter
This is black light, and will cause white and light-colored items to glow ("fluoresce.") Black light is frequently used for:
- Halloween decorations, amusement parks and haunted houses
- artistic purposes, such as illuminating artwork with bright white, hot pink, yellow and lime green
- detecting counterfeit currency and driver licenses
- curing plastic resins; therapeutic and diagnostic medical uses
- attracting insects
Ultraviolet 400nm LED strip is also known as near ultraviolet, Ultraviolet A (400-315nm) long wave, or black light LED strip. When illuminated UV LED strip light will emit some visible violet light. However, do not judge the brightness of this strip with your eye, as a large portion of the light output from the UV strip is invisible to the human eye.
Tight spectral power distribution, centered on 400 nm. UVB (315-280nm) and UVC (280-100nm) light serve different applications, such as germicidal disinfection and extreme ultraviolet lithography. Excessive exposure to high power ultraviolet light may be hazardous.
- Black Light UV (400 nm wavelength)
- IP68 waterproof
- 12 volts DC
- 44.4 watts (2.7 watts/foot = 8.9 watts/meter)
- Length: 16.4 ft = 5 m.
- Width: 0.49 in = 12.5 mm.
- Height: 0.16 in = 4 mm.
- LED spacing: 0.66 in = 16.7 mm.
- Cuttable in segments. Cutting increment: 1.97 in = 50 mm.
- UL, RoHS
- 50,000 hours expected lifetime
- Warranty: 3 years limited
- Easy-to-use ribbon to cable connectors, ribbon to ribbon connectors and ribbon to ribbon jumpers are available. (See companion parts.)
- No Ultra-Violet emissions (except for the special UV version), so it won't harm your art or documents.
- We use high quality LEDs for maximum color vibrancy, longevity and color rendering. We pay more for our LED components, and you'll benefit from the difference. This is not a commodity product. Quality matters, and the materials, controls, connections and tech support we provide will make your project successful.
- Cut LED strip lighting is not returnable.
- We provide detailed installation instructions, design criteria and technical support upon request.
- High-adhesion sticky back on non-waterproof versions. Just peel off the wax paper and stick it to any clean, dry substrate.
- Waterproof version will need to be embedded in a silicone or marine adhesive (i.e.. 3M 4200 - not provided).
- Waterproof version comes with 20 rubber tie downs if you buy the complete reel, plus 2 caps for dead ends, plus 2 caps for the live ends. You get those accessories with full-reel purchases only. Or you can buy the special foam tape and glue we list as companion parts.